the fire in leaf and grass

Thursday, March 02, 2006

i keep thinking about how many things i have to write about- but how do you start? how do you pick what to write about first?

i had lunch with my friend camobunny yesterday (why do i feel like i need to include "my friend?" obviously she is my friend, if i am having lunch with her. or perhaps she is my financial planner (financial panther, eh?). anyway, she is my friend. so there). it turns out that we are very different animals, she and i, and we approach things (what things? you ask. like food, and money) so differently. we have issues. it is so comforting to have a friend, who has issues too, who you can talk to, and who doesn't judge you (even if she secretly does think that your shoes are slutty). i walked away from lunch feeling so good- feeling like i am ok even though i have these weird struggles and my upbringing made me kind of kooky. someone understands me and doesn't care that i am kooky, cause she knows she is kooky too (koo koo kachoo)

so i am trying to lose weight (like always) and it is so frustrating because as soon as i try to lose weight i gain a ton, it makes me want to scream. but i am trying to finally be an adult about it and just try to keep on making the best choices that i can (no cholesterol-cream cone for me, thanks) and wake up stinkin early and go to the gym, and eat fruit and buy bread with at least 2 grams of fiber per 100 calories. also i have high cholesterol, which adds to the desire for screaming. so i am trying to not eat red meat and egg yolks and regular dairy products, and what kind of a life is that?

my dog is mildly ill in a profoundly unpleasant way but suomies (that is, my husband) is top notch and tending to the majority of the tasks associated with said unpleasantness.

i am trying to decide who to tell that i have a blog, and how one goes about the telling. i suppose i should be nonchalant. so far i have only told camobunny and suomies. so far, it has only been 2 days.

3 Comments:

  • me? kooky? that's generous of you. i'm full-out craaaaazy! crazy with lots of a's craaaaaaaaaazy!

    as, at least by my theories, is everyone else. i am just crazy in ways that still allow me to be accepted (for the most part) and successful in this particular society. (read: thin, with money. just kidding. and my extreme hotness and fabulousness also make up for my craziness. still kidding.) oh and there are still a couple other major elements of said craziness i haven't told you yet. hopefully then i will still be your 'friend' and not turn into your case study.

    i'm glad you enjoyed lunch. i did too.

    does your dog have diarrhea?

    what way is that to end a post comment? :)

    By Blogger CamoBunny, at 03 March, 2006 09:59  

  • Um, does this mean you had rice and beans for dinner?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 04 March, 2006 03:30  

  • actually it ended up being mahi mahi tacos- that fits the bill, right?

    By Blogger saara, at 04 March, 2006 15:58  

Post a Comment

<< Home