the fire in leaf and grass

Friday, May 12, 2006

let's call it golf

so as of this morning i am 11 strokes above par. par would be nice, although my real goal for this course is 5 under par.

i have been trying to improve my game for a couple of months, but to be honest, my efforts have been half-hearted, to say the least. there are just so many things i would rather do than practice my swing, and refine my short game, etc etc etc. i mean, hanging out on the couch is just so fun.

but now it seems that i will be participating in an exhibition in just about 6 weeks. there will be pros who will be watching. it's likely that they will be the nice, charitable sort, but still, the results of my labor will be on display.

so.

i was thinking that perhaps putting this out there, to all of my dear readers, might help keep me accountable. so here's the deal, every time my game improves by at least one stroke, i will let you know. and i really will start practicing, and putting my game face on every morning, and all.

so. here we go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home