the fire in leaf and grass

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

miss me?


well hello there, dear readers, if in fact any of you still exist... it's been a while. a good while. by which i mean both that the while in terms of length has been significant, and that the while i have been away, has been good.

lemme 'splain. no, there is too much. lemme sum up.

Fabulous Mediterranean Vacation was, as hoped, fabulous. for example:


it really was like that. only you don't get a good idea of the water, which was crystal blue...

ok so the basic idea was, sail, stop at an island and swim, lunch, sail, find an island to anchor at for the night, borrel on board followed by dinner out or cooked in the galley, late nights, sleep on board, wake up, sail... repeat x8. our skipper and first mate were top-notch, and it was fun to learn a thing or two about hoisting and furling and the jib and the spinnaker and what have you. whatever have you. sailing was followed by several days in athens, just suomies and me, and again, fabulous. sleep late, see some sights, drink lots of coffee, dinner at 10 or later...

we returned to st louis, the next day the movers came and away went our things... and then away went us. let me pause just for a moment to tell you just how good (i mean, good. we're talking cherry garcia good) it is to have someone else pack you stuff. i sat on the couch and watched other people wrap all of my glasses and pack my books and my socks and my jar of pennies and my kleenex... it was amazing. then when we got here, it was like christmas opening all of the boxes. a bit of a random christmas, mind you (why is the cat food packed in with the toothpaste?), but christmas nonetheless.

so after an eventful journey west across the plains (do you really want to know why it was eventful? it involves kitty, and copious amounts of fluids...), we arrived at the pink house, which i love. fortunately it is only pink on the outside, inside it is a cool pale green, which goes nicely with my plants inside and my hedge and trees outside.

work is great (did i mention i have my own office?) and they seem to think i am worth my salt (what does that even mean?), and i get to go to philly next week.

soumies is also doing well, thanks for asking, he is working a lot but so far it has been ok. his colleagues are nice, which is a bonus.

i have a million stories to tell (the bomb threat at our hotel in athens, my herb garden, my imminent car purchase...) but i'm tired. so i leave it all to your imagination. and wish you a good night.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home