the fire in leaf and grass

Thursday, January 11, 2007

brighter days...

don't stop even for the right thing
does it matter what i say?
my whole world was by that river
flowin' north to meet the sea each day
i don't want to move away

you look at me and ya say "what's wrong boy?"
what else do you want me to say?
i don't want to leave tomorrow
been and gone but i belong here now
your big world can wait another day

brighter days where did they go?

i am hopeful for where i'm goin'
but i belong in the south
that was where i's born a po' boy
livin' life like there's no end in sight
even so I've done without

brighter days where did they go?

boy you about to hit the bottom
i'll be alone i feel i'm movin' where
to a land you never saw and I see you 'bout to hit the bottom
lord help me move away to a land you never saw
and i've seen

brighter days where did they go?

-mofro

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home