the fire in leaf and grass

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

poppin' my collar

well it has been a few days but we seem to be back on line... my computer at work has been replaced as of about 4:30pm today, which is a relief, although i must say i have gotten a lot more exercise over the past few days, walking hither and yon throughout the office on various missions. it has been nice to escape the confines of my cube more frequently. nice, i say, but woefully inefficient.

tonight is the Big Night, the Night I Look Forward To All Week. yes, you guessed it, it is Great Television Night. by which i am referring to, of course, lost.

i could write endlessly about this show. but since not many of you out there likely watch it, i would feel even more alone in my freakish addiction. so let's just leave it at, i am exceedingly happy that it is wednesday night at last.

i am still waiting to hear back about the job. it is making me feel embarrassed. i should never have told you that i had an interview, because now i will have to tell you that i am not quite what they are looking for at the moment, but they will certainly keep my resume on file for future reference.

anyway csi is a rerun tonight, which is why i am hanging out in here instead of rotting my brain away all evening.

one thing that i love, is wearing a bracelet that my friend mailed to me. it is silvery with flowers and little coloured stones in it. i love it, i smile every time i look at it, and it makes me think happy thoughts about her. i have received several gifts over the past few months that nearly took my breath away. not because they were particularly fancy or elaborate or expensive or anything, but because they were perfect for me, and i was amazed that someone knew me so well to find me such a perfect gift. it is touching (though that sounds inadequate) to be known, and thought of, and gifted so well.

alleycat and mr cat have invited us for a trip. to which i reply, yes please.

you know, i rather feel like i should think of something interesting to say before i start writing. i do have some thoughts, and some clever witticisms, and some memorable experiences, which i could share, but once i start writing i seem to become very boring.

oh but wow, i just got something real to share. i mean, Real.

camobunny just called and asked if she could list me as her emergency contact on an Official Document. she said it is because i am Responsible and Available but i secretly think it is because she thinks i am Great. this may be the first time a non-family member has me so listed. i am pink with being flattered and honored. (although of course i do hope no one ever needs to contact me for said emergency purposes)

so how about that.

8 Comments:

  • oh it is no secret that i think you are Great.

    did you hear me, all?

    saara is Great!

    By Blogger CamoBunny, at 22 March, 2006 18:04  

  • I am after all looking forward to the corned beef. I'll eat it in honor of Saara-- she is great after all. I don't know what to say today. I like the blog, I read it. I don't have deep responses. I have, however, been poppin' my collar all day... or was I flippin' my collar. I just can't remember

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 22 March, 2006 18:44  

  • corned beef.

    the true origin of the dish's name is much more boring than the images one could associate with it.

    corn. on the cob. off the cob. canned, creamed. nubbins of yellow corn on the surface of the beef like, well, like a rash. corny. dr. scholl's corn removers.

    i can't remember the last time i saw someone intentionally wear a popped collar unless drunk. middle school, maybe? the collar of the white coat of some doctors is often half-popped, indicating only that they are in a hurry to put their white coats back on when emerging from the bathroom.

    By Blogger CamoBunny, at 22 March, 2006 23:45  

  • I do not understand the title of this Post, and to what collar-poppin' actually refers.

    Although the combination of poppin' and corn I find very appealing indeed.

    By Blogger AlleyCat, at 23 March, 2006 04:56  

  • pop ya colla', y'all.

    that having been said (linked) for the benefit of the one who has been out of the country long enough not to know these things.

    By Blogger CamoBunny, at 23 March, 2006 23:59  

  • ok fair enough an' all, and point taken I am horrendeously, horrifically out of touch with U.S. pop (poppin'?) culture, but that being said, what the heck does the title have to do with the post?

    Saara, please enlighten me, I beg you

    By Blogger AlleyCat, at 24 March, 2006 06:07  

  • no great mystery. it refers to the song on the radio as i was typing. see also, 'time is on my mind' and 'everybody knows it's true' for similar situations, which just happened to coincide with the subjects of the posts.

    By Blogger saara, at 24 March, 2006 14:38  

  • oh, and again even. Feeling ever so popular to have not one but TWO nods on the blog. Can't say I can decipher props being sent toward any o the other UC gals.
    goetzgirl - 1
    SMB, JBC and KT -0
    :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 06 April, 2006 20:26  

Post a Comment

<< Home